Friday, February 3, 2012

Time Out


Our major battles with Henry are hitting, pulling hair and table manners (aka not crawling across the table to get something he wants, not throwing the food off of his plate when he's done eating, not trying to stick his hand in any cup he can reach to, not dumping out his cup when he's done and then splashing the drink all over the dining room, etc). Time out works pretty well. Not only does it tell him that what he did wasn't okay, but it is incredibly cute to see his put his nose to the corner and it is a GREAT stress relief for me as I just giggle the whole time. He is sooooo compliant in time out, I think because he has seen his sister go to time out so many times. When his sixty seconds are done, he turns around and gives us the biggest smile; he is so proud of himself!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Aw poor baby...made me sad...And I laughed too because the dinner table concerns are something ALL of mine did and do...YEs even my oldest and look at her she grew up into a lovely young lady..Time out NEVER worked for mine. Instead I took a time out...I would leave the room etc...Glad you find it useful:)

Jane said...

Oh I love this picture! Rubbing the feet together again? Great self regulating strategy!
jk