Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Honesty


It really is amazing how much Margaret Mary is able to communicate to us. Everyday we are shocked by something she said, at how well she is able to know herself and her desires at this age.

Here are a couple of examples:

Papa: Margaret Mary, do you want to sleep in your toddler bed tonight?
MM: No. I want to sleep with you.
Papa: Why don't you want to sleep in your toddler bed?
MM: It's just because sometimes, I get a little scared.

Papa: Do you know why you're upset?
MM: I didn't listen to Mama because I was sad, but now I don't want to be sad, but I can't stop being sad!
(Haven't we all experienced this??? My mama heart melted with sympathy!)

Me: Hold on baby. I am right in the middle of something, I will be there to help you in one minute.
MM: (With tears of frustration in her eyes) But it is so hard for me to wait!

Me: No baby, you can't watch a movie right now.
MM: But I LOVE movies so so much, they are my favorite!
(This is how she tries to talk us into everything. For example: "But I LOVE lollipops so so much, they are my favorite!)

Thank you Lord for these little glimpses into our daughter's heart!

The pics from this post were taken today while MM was busy making a fort out of all the pillows from our bed. :)


Her innocence is so beautiful!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I love seeing you post things about Margaret Mary because they remind me of my Elizabeth so much. She also says things are her favorite and sometimes she tells me that something makes her a little bit nervous. It is so cute how well they communicate. Side note... Elizabeth still talks about how she ate grapes at Margaret Mary's house... which was over a year ago.