Sunday, February 19, 2012

MM Quotes of the Day

MM: Mommy, I want to watch Caillou.
Me: Honey, Mama and Papa don't like Caillou. (Too many underlying political messages for a kids show). What other show would you like to watch?
MM: I have an idea. (Dramatic pause) Why don't you put on Caillou, go to the kitchen, and when Cailou is over, you can come back in!

I just sat there stunned. I say this in every blog post, but when did she grow up so fast?

Margaret Mary wanted to make cookies for her friends that we were going to visit yesterday. She was very excited and I was happy to see her generous heart.

Me: Margaret Mary, I like how you want to make something special for your friends. You are very kind.
MM: And YOU are very kind to help me!


Here she is enjoying an evening read with her papa. Yes, it is in the bathroom. Henry was taking a bath (to help with his cold).


Boy does this girl LOVE her Papa! Henry really does too. Jason went to help a friend and was gone Friday night through Saturday night. When he came back, Henry wouldn't let him put him down! It seems like 16 months is the age when my kids REALLY define their relationship with their Papa. They trust him, love him and really show that they miss him when he's gone. Jason eats it up!

No comments: