I'm a bit bored. I usually take a break from studies on Thursdays after Katie goes to sleep, but she fell asleep early while putting Henry down. That leaves me with a couple of hours to fill. Don't worry, I'll manage, but I thought of this: I could write about her!
She's sleeping because she's exhausted. She's exhausted because she has been very busy loving. She cooks, cleans, chases, and plans. Every year she gets this house more orderly and smooth-running. She is constantly about one thing - our welfare. The whole time, you might remember, she is giving herself to that little human person in the womb. President Obortion doesn't protect that baby, but she does. (Keep politics out of it??? Nevaaah!! Viva reality!)
She really is a model of a women, though she is way more attractive than a model. Every night, she's excited to talk with me. I'm excited too. She's actually interested in me day after day and I'm more interested in her. She is my best friend. She sits through my rants. Her heart literally aches for love of us. I cannot even imagine her making a decision that could remotely harm this family. Whatever the cost, she loves. It's hard and it shows. If love is a choice and a sacrifice, she embodies it.
Thank you my dear wife for everything. I'll see you in the morning as I drink the coffee you made for me before I got up.
2 comments:
So sweet! Katie is so deserving of her role as Mother and Wife. It comes across in her blog and her photos how much she loves and cherishes her family. I am also so blessed and happy that she is the mother of my grandchildren!! and to know that my son is cared and loved for so much just melts my heart. Love , mom
Jason I some how missed this post. But I have to say YOU are a RARE spouse. YOU are both rare. You made me cry. And I am sure you know why. God Bless you both. 20 years from now please remember this post!
Post a Comment