So I think it is over. When John Henry showed NO interest in stopping nursing despite treats offered, tickles and other distractions, I planned on tandem nursing (nursing both a baby and a toddler). I read books, went to a La Leche League meeting to ask questions and prepared my heart for what that would be like. I was nervous, but I felt like forcing John Henry to wean was not the answer. Then a couple of weeks later, John Henry stopped asking to nurse. Nothing was different, he was just too busy playing to ask. One day when by, two days, three days... He finally asked to nurse again on the forth day, but I was able to distract him by tickling him. We haven't nursed since. Part of me is happy about this. I love new ways of cuddling with him. But I'm sad that we didn't have a "final session." It just ended. I am thankful however that the week before he stopped nursing, I took a ton of pics of us. I'll end with a picture of his sweet feet. I know I post a lot of Henry feet pics, but Henry's feet rubbing was one of his cutest nursing habits.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Nursing
So I think it is over. When John Henry showed NO interest in stopping nursing despite treats offered, tickles and other distractions, I planned on tandem nursing (nursing both a baby and a toddler). I read books, went to a La Leche League meeting to ask questions and prepared my heart for what that would be like. I was nervous, but I felt like forcing John Henry to wean was not the answer. Then a couple of weeks later, John Henry stopped asking to nurse. Nothing was different, he was just too busy playing to ask. One day when by, two days, three days... He finally asked to nurse again on the forth day, but I was able to distract him by tickling him. We haven't nursed since. Part of me is happy about this. I love new ways of cuddling with him. But I'm sad that we didn't have a "final session." It just ended. I am thankful however that the week before he stopped nursing, I took a ton of pics of us. I'll end with a picture of his sweet feet. I know I post a lot of Henry feet pics, but Henry's feet rubbing was one of his cutest nursing habits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Katie! I cant imagine. HE could ask to nurse again after the baby arrives ....I have had many moms have taht happen...
Tandem nursing is really a very sweet thing and makes life honestly easier.Maybe he will ask again , good for you continueing to meet his needs....Prayers for you all..
Post a Comment