I love my son.
The older Henry gets, the more I realize he is just like me. Melancholic. Poor guy. At least we will be able to sort through this personality together; o practice patience; to seek humility; to find confidence in our identity as children of God; to fix our eyes on heaven. To know that God will give us the grace to overcome our anxieties and frustrations. The grace to get out of our own heads. To know that with God ...
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed...Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Cor. 4:8-9, 16-18
Fight the good fight my son, it is worth it.
"... in communication with God, the melancholic finds a deep and indescribable peace."
The Temperament God Gave your Kids.
Thanks Tammy for the book!
1 comment:
I have the temperment God gave you...and STILL cant figure out what I am lol. Love you
Post a Comment