Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sweet Feet

For as long as I can remember, Henry has rubbed his feet together in moments of satisfaction: nursing, sleeping, reading books, bath time, etc. To prove my point, this first picture was taken when Henry was seven days old after his baptism by a dear friend Lisa.

Now, 16 months later, I love seeing him do it and how hard he works to balance his body sitting down so that he will be able to rub his feet together. It's not an obsessive thing, just a sweet, slow movement of the feet.

The bottom two pics were taken while Henry and Margaret Mary were watching Dora eating apples and has a funny story to it. Margaret Mary and Henry LOVE each other and want to do exactly what the other is doing. Margaret Mary is in tears each night if we can't find pjs that match Henrys. If he is wearing plaid pjs, she wants plaid pjs. If he is wearing footed pjs, she wants footed pjs. Hence, in the picture, they are both in plaid pjs. In fact, Margaret Mary is wearing a set of Henry's pjs that are way too small for her. If MM is sitting in a chair, Henry wants to sit in the chair with her. If she is eating apples out of a small container, he wants to eat apples out of a small container too. Jason and I have a joke that if you get one child something, you might as well get two, because the other one will want one soon after seeing the first child with that object (sippy cup, snack, etc). Although this picture is my header right now, I'm posting it here as well so that once I change my header down the road, this pic will still be stored to the blog.

Love my little ones and how they love each other.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Katie, I love how you catch the small things with your photography.
love, Mom

Lisa said...

OH I remember that day!!!ANd you answered my previous post about if they were eating frozen mango! YOUR not alone...this goes on hee but multiplied...but i agree his feet are so cute! that pictured is on my photography page...