Friday, January 6, 2012

"Beautiful"

Margaret Mary is talking A LOT these days, and one of her favorite adjectives to describe things is the word "beautiful." The other day we were in Dollar General and we walked by the candy isle. She looked at all the glittery gold and silver wrappers and gasped "Oh Mama, its beautiful!" :)

MM's quote of the day today was pretty darn sweet. When I told MM that we were about to go see Papa, she got very excited and said "Oh!" (BIG SIGH), "he is going to be so handsome! I'm excited! Papa makes me soooo happy!" My heart melted...

Another funny Margaret Maryism is that she loves being a "big girl." She loves talking about how she is "bigger bigger bigger" and all the big things she can do. Today we were at the library and we walked past a couple who looked at her and said "aw, look at that little girl." She turned to me with fire in her eyes and exclaimed "I'm NOT a little girl. I'm a big girl! That lady called me a little girl!" Don't grow up too fast love...

2 comments:

the Lang family said...

Very cute! My boys are growing up too fast also! Dominic will say, "I can do this because I'm four" and then tell Benedict that he can't do it because he's only three. In a few weeks when Benedict figures out how to do it, Benedict will say, "Mama, I'm FOUR now -- I can do it!"

it's pretty cute :)

Tammy Craig said...

Her face is becoming so defined..and she looks so much like you Katie! Love the update with her new conversations.