Friday, May 27, 2011

Silver

I love watching Margaret Mary grow up and how her relationship with Jesus is growing. She calls Jesus her "holy papa" which isn't exactly correct but we go with it. There is a little monastery down the street with a chapel that we go to, and she always delights in blowing kisses to pictures of Jesus and Mary. She calls Mary her "holy mama," and then proceeds to tell you that she has "two mamas:" Me (Katie), and Mary. (Don't worry, protestant friends, this explains everything: http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1998/9805fea3.asp). She is very proud of this. We talk about Jesus a lot at home and about how he is a doctor for our hearts (as doctor is her new favorite game to play, which simply involves giving shots, and then stickers :) ). She seems to really get it. The other day I was really frustrated and decided to take five minutes to sit on the couch and pray. MM came up to me and I told her that I was frustrated and sad and needed Jesus to help my heart. After stroking my arm for a little while, she went over to our altar and asked Jesus to "help mama's heart." I am so thankful for my little intercessor!

One of the biggest blessings of our parish are the children that go there. After Mass each day, Margaret Mary practically skips out of the chapel holding onto a friends hand. They run around, play with toys, eat ice, color together, talk about their siblings, it is very sweet.




What is so great about these kids is how they love each other, especially the sibling groups. They kiss each other, play with each other, help each other, and the older ones hold napping younger ones (which is the sweetest, seeing a nine year old struggle to carry a sleeping toddler, but all the while, so proud of herself/himself). A family will introduce Margaret Mary to their baby, and she will proudly smile, make the baby sign and point back to Henry, as to introduce him. These kids are also very loving to my kids, helping and kissing them as well. I really think Margaret Mary is learning how to love her baby brother by watching these beautiful children. What a gift.

2 comments:

Jane said...

MM is growing in every way! I love hearing the day to day stuff in your lives. It's very soothing to me, and I can't wait to hang out with these guys in July!
Love, mama j

Jiza @ The Real JZ said...

I absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing this post, Katie! It was so inspiring. What a little saint she is.