

Henry is such a fun baby. He loves to play by himself, but also loves it when you get down with him on his level and play. One of these games is to crawl around with him on the floor and follow his lead. He takes you to a toy, cracking up at you following him, shows you how to play with it, looking to see if you are enjoying it as much as he is, and then moving on. He still LOVES his sister and laughs at everything she does. I could watch him watch her all day.
Isn't it amazing and inspiring how kids love without resentment? I can't tell you how many times MM has hurt Henry (dropping toys on his head), has pushed him out of the way, has yelled at him to "go away", etc, but he still adores her as if that stuff never happened. What a picture of beautiful unconditional love.
Funny story. MM threw a bread pan and hit Henry in the head. He was crying, but okay. I told MM to tell Henry sorry and to give him a kiss. She looked at me, as if to say, "do I have to? i don't want to" and I made a big deal on following through with what I asked. She eventually obeyed and said sorry and kissed him. Within a couple of minutes, she threw the bread pan again and it hit HER in the head. SHe paused for a second, said "sorry me" in a sincere, genuine voice and then went back to playing. How funny. She apologized to herself for hurting herself. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment