Her birthday started by waking up to a room FULL of presents.

(These came from her Granny, and included a card, lots of sweet dresses, some bubbles, a tunnel (which the kids (and Jason) LOVE), and a bead set. Anytime MM wears one of the dresses that Granny sent, she always points to it, tilts her head, and says "Ganny." My mom made her a dress a while back and MM does the same thing. She points to it, tilts her head, and says "mawpaw" (which is what she calls her Memaw and Papaw).

Our present to our girl. I found this on clearance at target for $50! MM and Henry both love it. I put a jar of beans on top of the kitchen, and when Henry is sleeping, MM likes to pour the beans in measuring cups, pots, containers, etc. Today, Jason came home from work with a migraine, and MM brought him supper in bed (an assortment of stuff from her kitchen.)

The MEGA present, also from Granny, and what MM had been begging for for months. A bike. She loves this bike and wants to ride it all the time.
It was quite an eventful morning.




We then went to Mass and had a normal day. We sang "Happy Birthday" to her a lot. She would ask for it: "sing happy you you, sing happy you you" and we were always glad to oblige. One of my favorite moments was when I took MM to the park to blow bubbles. I told her that it was time to go home to make spaghetti for supper and she took off toward the house, with both hands lifted high in the air, yelling "SPAGHETTI!!!" The girl was so excited. After supper was cake.

Jason and I like to call it the seizure cake. The chocolate funfetti didn't turn out as pretty as we thought it would, but MM was thrilled with the "balls" all over her cake.
Margaret Mary, we love you so much and pray that you would always know how much we rejoice over you and how captivated we are by you. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect daughter and we are so thankful that God gave us you. Happy Birthday!
3 comments:
I laughed out loud at MM's name for Mom and Dad (Jane and Chris), "mawpaw"! SO CUTE!
I'm glad that MM had a great birthday. Great pictures!!
I'm so happy she had a sweet BD. She has brought such a joy in my life to see her smile and hear her laugh. Now she will have to keep her Papa out of her tunnel! LOL. Love Granny
Post a Comment