But, the park is really wonderful. There is a river the runs through it, a petting zoo and a train that takes kids on a little five minute ride. Henry had fun cuddling with Papa in the sling, and I got to spend some quality time holding our daughter. I love all of these city parks; they have the most perfect green grass. I love not having to worry about mowing or evil biting ants.
The best part was just lying in the grass watching Jason and Margaret Mary play in the freezing water. If you look closely in the last pic, you see Jason making his "its freezing!" expression. There was a family there racing homemade boats down the river and we were really inspired to come back and do the same thing! Henry was really funny. We were sitting on a hill and he couldn't figure out how to balance his weight to sit on it, so he he was constantly falling over! But, he had his apple, so he was happy. :)
What a great way to bring in the summer!
On a side note, we went to Target later to get some things for our upcoming trip. Walking in the door, MM said "Yay! The RED Store!" Jason said it is because his face gets so red inside (he hates Target). But I thought that MM was being very observant!
Tonight, MM said a seven word sentence: "I want it in the green cup!" Go Margaret Mary!
On another side note, the necklace Henry is wearing in lots of photos is a teething necklace. It is supposed to help with teething pain. I don't think it is helping that much, but it cost $20 (I was desperate) and Jason threw away the receipt, so I'm going to get my moneys worth of it! We think he looks like a little hippie baby in it.
1 comment:
I'm sorry about your fall. That hurts and scares a mom. Good catch!
Check your email for some family news.
Love, mom
Post a Comment