



Margaret Mary and Henry are really bonding. She loves trying to make Henry smile, and he cracks up everytime he sees her. Lots of times, she will get down on the floor with him, start talking silly, and both of them end up laughing big belly laughs. It is really sweet to watch.
I also wanted to share an interesting milestone MM has hit. We have been teaching her to say her name when people ask her what her name is. In the past the conversations have gone something like this:
Me: Hey babygirl, what is your name?
MM: You!
Me: No, sweetheart, your name is Margaret Mary. Can you say Margaret Mary?
MM: Silence
But now, it is more like this!
Me: Hey, what is your name?
MM: Marget!
Me: Good job sweetheart. Can you say Margaret Mary?
MM: Marget Meery
So, we don't know if Margaret Mary is still too hard for her to say, or if she wants her name to be just Margaret. The other day she was playing telephone and said "hey, its Marget", so I'm not sure what is going on.
Henry is really growing up fast. He loves making farting noises (typical boy), esp in Mass! He is sitting up, which has made his falls when trying to stand up a lot less intense. He is eating some solids, but isn't that interested still. Henry does well in the sling when we are out, but as soon as we get home, wants down so he can play. While putting him down, he practically leaps out of my arms towards his toys. Henry also has a GREAT smile. It reminds me a lot of pictures of Jason as a little boy. Jason and I are thinking about introducing Henry as "John Henry" here, as Henry is a really popular name here. I grew up being "katie K" my whole life because of the overabundance of katies, so we will see how that goes.

P.S- Henry has two teeth!
3 comments:
Sounds like a perfect location ... um, doesn't look like the high will be in the 90s today there as it is here!
Having this park nearby is so wonderful! Looks like it was a cold day. Margaret Mary and John Henry seem to be having a great time there. I always love reading about how they are developing, and playing.
I like John Henry :) not that my vote counts, but I can tell you anyhow :)
Post a Comment