Saturday, April 9, 2011

Life in Transition

The house is half packed, filled with boxes, and little children playing in the boxes.




I find it extremely stressful trying to figure out how to fit delicate dishes in a box. Thankfully, Jason refers to it as a tetrus game and really enjoys packing. It is weird to have half the house packed. I keep on going to get something that I need (like an extra blanket out of the closet) and then am shocked when I open up the closet and see it bare, remembering that I already packed them up. I think the stress of packing helps you to detach from your house a little bit.

The kids are also having a hard time. First, Margaret Mary fell at the pool during a surprise going away party (Thank you Glen!) and so she has looked so rough with a scab under her nose. This picture was taken on the way home from the party; as you can tell she is PASSED OUT from having such a great time.



Second, she has come down with some sort of virus. She has had a fever off and on and is waking up a lot during her naps and at nighttime crying out in pain. We think its a stomach issue. Here she is with her papa. Jason fell asleep putting her down. I love how they love to snuggle; it melts my heart.



Third, Henry is teething! He has two little teeth poking through the surface (the two bottom teeth) of his gums. He is really uncomfortable and wants to spend the whole day being held, nursing, and outside. When given tylenol, he is like his old self again, playing with everything, smiling and laughing. But its hard, because I don't want to keep him on tylenol ALL day long. We also found out at his last doctor's appointment that he has eczema on his back and belly. It is very mild, which is why I didn't notice it, but now that I know it is there, I am preoccupied with it. We have had to switch his soaps to sensitive soap and I have to cover him with lotion multiple times a day. Henry loves being rubbed down, and will occasionally stop moving for a couple of seconds to enjoy it. This is huge, as Henry NEVER stops moving. Trying to change his diaper is like trying to win a wrestling match!



Poor Baby.

Don't know when I will be able to post again. Jason packs up the truck on Tuesday and has a goal to be out of town by the afternoon. The kids and I are going to stay at a friends house here in town until Saturday when we fly to Denver. We are having an open house on Sunday from 1-7 to say bye to our friends. I am so bad at saying bye. It is so hard to tell people you love goodbye and how much they mean to you. Especially being distracted by two kids.

House Update: No traffic. One realtor wanted to come see the house but turned down the wrong street and thought that a man was chasing her. She got scared and didn't come see the house because she didn't like the neighborhood. sigh. Jason and I are convinced someone was trying to ask her if she needed directions (she was driving slow trying to find the house), because we know and love our neighbors. Oh well. Our realtor wants to lower the price of our house to 109. I have been comforted by visitors to our house (we are selling tons of stuff on craigs list) who say how cute our house it. Everyone who has come has mentioned what a great home it is without any prompting from us. It confirms that it isn't our home that is the problem, it is the market.

2 comments:

Jiza @ The Real JZ said...

Oh wow, I hope your transition into your new home is peaceful. Yeah, we got our new duty station in South Carolina and then we move again in 14 months. Oh, the Navy life.

chris said...

I love your blog, Katie. I feel like I am with you when I read it. Good luck with moving. It will be hard, but you will get through it. We love you all!