Friday, April 1, 2011

"Fish!"

I couldn't resist posting this story. We went to the pool today and Jason and I kept on talking about how people were swimming like fish. (Side note, MM kept on calling the water in the pool the ocean.) Margaret Mary had fun sitting on the steps, kicking her legs and putting her face in the water to blow bubbles. While I was nursing Henry, MM fell off the steps into the water (dont worry, Jason was there and it was shallow). He pulled her out and we expected her to cry and be all done with the water. She spent a few seconds wiping the water off of her face, then looked up at Jason and said "Fish!" with a big smile on her face, aka "I swam like a fish!" She kept on talking about how she swam like a fish the rest of the visit; she was very proud of herself!

While I'm on the subject of MM talking, I wanted to record a couple of other things she says before I forget them.

"Henry coming!" She says this when Henry is crawling after her, sometimes said with excitement and sometimes said in annoyance.

"Happy You You" Aka "Happy Birthday to you." This is her favorite song. Margaret Mary keeps on talking about her upcoming birthday, how she wants presents and friends and balloons and cupcakes. :) I can't wait to throw her a little party! Lets hope we can make friends fast enough in Denver!

"Thank you mail man!" Yesterday she got a birthday card in the mail from Publix, the local grocery story here. I gave her the card and her eyes lit up. "Thank you mailman" she called out.

"Henyay wake" She tells me this everytime I try to put Henry down and he doesnt' fall asleep fast enough for her. She takes it as proof that Henry needs to play more.

Margaret Mary is such a joy. Jason and I daily rejoice over her: who she is, who she is becoming. We are SO THANKFUL for her and cant' beleive the amazing answer to prayer that she is.

Here she is flying like a bird.

No comments: