

The night before the move, Jason and I decided that it wasn't smart for the kids to be there when the truck was being packed up, seeing how upset they had been the last couple of days. So we kissed goodbye early, Jason dropped me and kids off at our friends house, and then left to pick up the truck. Jason was on the road on schedule and Margaret Mary was having the time of her life playing with her friends. We were staying in a guest room and she would throw a fit everytime I shut the door to our room to wind her down for a nap. She would cry out "ope doe!", aka "open door!" It took Henry a couple of days to feel comfortable in our friend's house. He would not let me put him down for a while! Henry's little personality is really coming out. He likes people and loves to interact with them, but only from the comfort of his mama's arms. He does NOT like to be passed. He seems to be okay out in public in big crowds, but does not like big crowds in our house. He loves to sit in the stroller now, but if pushed into a situation where people are trying to interact with him, he fusses to be held. It will be interesting to see how this develops as he gets older. Here are my kids and the kids we stayed with. Margaret Mary loved playing rough with Monroe and thought he was the funniest thing ever! Margaret Mary also really bonded with Ava, the oldest. Ava read MM books, and MM would copy how Ava underlined the words with her finger as she read. She now picks up books and says "2 4 6." She says this when counting on her own as well. I guess she loves the even numbers!

The day of the plane ride came fast enough and Margaret Mary couldn't have been more excited to ride on an airplane. She kept on saying "airplane! you!" as in "I get to go on an airplane!" Everyone was so helpful at the airport. People offered to carry carseats for me, they held doors open for me and played with my kids on the plane. We had our hardships. For example, he stroller tipped over in the bathroom when I was changing Henry's diaper, and threw MM on the floor (gross!). The kids did great on the plane. The last forty minutes of our last flight was pretty rough. There was turbulance and MM was really scared and burrying her head into her carseat. Henry was fussy to, so I was trying to soothe MM, while nursing Henry at the same time. I sang to try to calm MM down. She didnt' sing along, but I could see her little hands doing the signs to the songs I was singing, her head still pressed up against me and the carseat. When the plane landed, I looked MM in the eyes and told her "You did it baby! You were so brave. We are on the ground!" She lit up. She was so pround of herself. It was one of those moments as a parent when you just want to cry. I was so emotionally exhausted from trying to keep her calm and so excited, at the same time, to see her learn that she can get through things she is scared of.
Here is a pic of the kids looking for airplanes at the airport.

Jason's drive went pretty well. Despite being stuck in a snow storm in Kansas, he arrived in Denver on time!
Jason picked us up from the airport, and MM gave him a big hug and kiss. Henry was so excited to see his papa too, he bounced up and down in the sling, smiled, and made raspberries (aka farting noises). It is amazing how close Henry and Jason are already. When Jason was on the road, and I would talk to him on the phone, Henry would perk up and smile at the sound of his voice.
We arrived at our apartment, took a walk around Ketring Park, and then went to bed, which is what I am going to do right now. Sorry for all the misspellings and grammer mistakes; I'm exhausted!
1 comment:
We are so proud of you all for making such a move. To pick up roots and move is very hard. We know you will be successful. We can't wait to come visit you. (Don't worry, it will be later in the summer before we can come.) Our love to all of you!
Post a Comment