Margaret Mary said two things today I don't ever want to forget.
1) After art time, I hung her two pictures up on the wall. She didn't see me doing this and a couple of minutes later looked suprised to see them. Her jaw dropped and she said in the most sweetest, gracious way "oh, thank you mommy!" She was so endeared that I had hung her artwork up on the wall. (Note: we used to do this all the time at the old house, but with putting the house on the market, the move, and settling in, its been a while since we've hung up her work)
2) MM is a PAPA'S GIRL. She seems to think that Love is an either/or thing and says that she only loves Papa and the Papa only loves her. When I say I love her, she says "no, papa loves me," and she often says "i'm papas. Henry's mamas." Nothing can convince her otherwise. Today she was feeding me cheerios and I started eating them in a funny way. Her face light up and she said "I love you Mama!" As soon as the words left her mouth, she paused for a minute and corrected herself: "I love Papa." It was sweet to hear her love for her mama slip out. It was even sweeter to see her fierce devotion and loyalty to her Papa as she corrected herself.
This pic was taken at taken at a fair this week. I was holding Henry and put him down to walk. He walked right over to where Jason and Margaret Mary were, cuddled up, and stayed there for a while. Too sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment