Sunday, August 21, 2011

Henry's 10 Month Post






I realize I am a little behind on this post, as Henry is almost 11 months now. Please forgive me. Henry is really growing up to be a determined, strong willed, intelligent and handsome child. He has this great joy about him that I hope he never loses. Margaret Mary tells me at least once a day that she loves Henry and thinks he is super silly.

He loves my cell phone and likes to carry it around with him all day tucked under his arm. He has learned to snuggle and loves to give hugs: big bear hugs where he squeezes you as he hugs you. They are unbelievable. He also kisses on command. Henry has an amazing sense of understanding how things work. He tries to put on his shoes, do his sister's puzzles, uses a fork (with great success), wash himself with a washcloth, etc. A big feat this month is that he is beginning to use baby signs! He says more, milk, help, all done and please. We think he is saying Mama and Papa, but mostly as an imitation if we say it first.

Henry LOVES his big sister and wants to play with everything she is playing with. When she is in time out, he goes over beside her and stands with his nose to the wall. He imitates her when she talks and dances to all her songs. Margaret Mary is very patient with him but is entering this intense play stage where she plays/ reads really intensely and doesn't want to be interrupted.

Henry's temper is also coming out. He gets REALLY upset when you tell him no or when he can't play with something he wants to. Not just a protest cry, but it takes a few minutes to calm him down. It is intense sometimes...

Another challenge we have had with Henry this month is that he seems to be getting bored with his toys. I am finding that I have to be more and more creative in how I display them or he takes no interest in them and is fussy. This is a challenge because I'm used to my little boy who plays by himself with his toys all day. I think its time for some new toys.

Last but not least, his appetite is up again (he abandoned solids during a bad teething episode) and he eats a lot!

1 comment:

chris said...

You must enter his photograph in some baby contests, and video to shows that give awards for funny videos. He is so photogenic, like his pawpaw Kaman. LOL.