Monday, November 16, 2009

CREAM!



I love breastfeeding, but it hasn't always been easy. When Margaret Mary's weight gain slowed down around four months, our doctor suggested we meet with a lactation consultant to make sure that everything was all right. (Margaret Mary's weight is now great; we think that her growth spurt might have come a little late). When we met with the lactation consultant she suggested expressing a little milk in the morning, putting it in the fridge (when exposed to cold, the fatty hindmilk rises and settles at the top creating a nice film of Cream), and then feeding Margaret Mary this cream with a spoon. Here are some of the pics from one of her feedings. She LOVED the cream!
I Like the last picture "Hey, where did you guys go? I'm not done yet!"
These pics are a couple weeks old, but I still wanted to share them.

1 comment:

Tammy Craig said...

Sweet! She looks like she is loving this feeding. With new teeth coming in she will be ready for Steak and Twice Baked Potatoes soon! ..well , if she has an appetite anything like her dad's :) I can't wait to see her little teethies!