

One of MM's favorite games is "going to sleep." She will tell you to go to sleep, you will close your eyes, and she will YELL "WAKE UP!" and then laugh and laugh. I don't know where she learned this mean method of waking people up, but she thinks its hilarious. The other day we had some friends over and they put her and Henry "to bed" in the living room. The kids were beside each other with excitement and Henry even shared his bottle with her. Henry likes to get in on the game too. He will lay himself down on a pillow and say "shhh shhh", which is what I say when putting him to bed.
I have to brag on Henry for a minute, he is sleeping so great at night thanks to Dr. Jay Gordon's nightweaning advice. I don't mind nursing at night until I get pregnant and then it starts to drive me crazy. But even then, I don't want to stop our sweet co sleeping, so this guide was perfect for us! It was really gentle and slow, and now he goes 9 1/2 hours at night without nursing. But boy does he wake up hungry. He has like three breakfasts by 8:30. :) He's such a boy!
1 comment:
Henry sleeping through the night is fabulous news! I read the dovtor's method, and it seems similar to what we used with Morgan, as far as the method and timing. It sounds like your timing of starting this was just right!
an unrelated aside, I've been looking at old family photos of my childhood, and see MM's smile on my young face...
love, mom
Post a Comment