Thursday, January 10, 2013

Night Prayers

Tonight I was putting Margaret Mary down for bed after a long hard day. Not only did the boys not nap well today, but Margaret Mary had sawed (with a toy plastic saw) into a sign Jason had been making.  (It's a common issue with Margaret Mary. We can't get her to think through her actions and she is constantly tearing up things, ripping them, destroying them somehow.)  I was praying out loud asking God to give me patience and to help me to be a good mommy and to forgive me of my anger. Margaret Mary opened her eyes and with the sweetest genuine voice, "Mommy, I have a hard time listening too. I just don't know what is right and wrong."  My heart melted and I gave her a kiss.  "Its hard baby, its hard."

I have no words of wisdom to summarize this post, but I just wanted to record it so I wouldn't forget.

1 comment:

Jane said...

oh my. A hard day...sweet admission. Tomorrow will be better.
love, mom