Thursday, January 17, 2013

Henry's Speech



We have been a little curious about Henry's speaking. Sometimes we can understand him fine, and other times, esp when he's excited, we have no clue what he's saying.  We had an appt with an early intervention group to see if Henry would work this out by himself or if he needed some extra help.  It went okay.  Henry was pretty shy but cooperated well.  Their verdict was that he was right where he should be with development and made a second appt to get his speech evaluated by a speech language pathologist.  But at the appointment, something interesting happened. One of the ladies asked me if Henry could wipe his own nose. I  paused for a minute. I haven't seen him wipe his nose since last winter. "I don't know," I answered trying to think hard about the last time Henry had been sick.  It haddent been MONTHS.  Thats right, Henry hasn't had a cold or been sick in MONTHS. I got pretty excited.  Everything I am learning about health and nutrition makes so much sense and I'm working hard to incorporate this knowledge into our diets at home.  None of my kids have been sick...for months! And we have even been around sick people! Now, I know as soon as I write this, someone is going to come down with a sickness, and thats okay.  The goal is not to NEVER get sick. But its pretty exciting considering how much my children got sick last year.

If you haven't' heard of the Weston A Price Foundation, check them out.  I've never been more convinced of the importance of nutrition and what is actually healthy.

For more reader friendly blogs check out:

The Healthy Home Economist
Mommypotomus


No comments: