Sweet Henry is TWO!!! Some family came into town to help us celebrate and it was so special as this is the first birthday (for of any of my kids) that family has been able to help us celebrate (aka, we don't live in a different state). Even Memaw (my mom's mom) came!
Before I show more pics, I have to tell the story of the cake. A few days before his birthday, Henry was sitting on my lap while I was checking my email. A blog that I follow sent out an email with this cake recipe and a beautiful picture; when Henry saw the picture he began begging "eat! cake! more! yum!" The cake was more of a banana bread, but it was still yummy, and Henry loved it.
So on his birthday, we woke up, went to Mass (Henry LOVES Mass and playing priest), put Henry down for his nap, and then got ready for the party while he slept. Jason picked beautiful flowers for the table.
My mom brought party hats, party blowers and bubbles. (Which everyone enjoyed!)
We then woke up the birthday boy!
and the party began!
Grandma and Grandad (and Grandhuff) brought presents. Grandma brought a great train table and some wooden cars that Margaret Mary helped Henry open.
Grandad and GrandHuff brought a little red wheelbarrow.
We had a great time loving Henry. He is such an amazing little guy. Hard working, hard headed, contemplative. He's a cowboy, a Priest and one heck of a Papa (to all the chicks outside). He's the first to share and the first to include others. He's extremely empathetic, extremely cuddly and extremely shy (only until he gets to know you).
Before I end this post, I have to share a story that happened on the Saturday before his birthday. There was a Farm Tour in the area and we went to a grass fed cow farm to let the kids look around and ride some horses. I mostly went for Margaret Mary, as she really enjoys riding horses, but as we pulled up to the farm, Henry was REALLY excited about the idea of riding a horse. I figured it would be short lived, as a horse is a huge animal and it takes Henry time to get used to new scary things. But he got more and more excited as we got closer to the horses. The boy was so excited he had a really hard time waiting for his turn. When the wait was finally over, he walked over with Grandma to the horses and a giant man reached down to put Henry up on the horse. I held my breath. Henry doesn't let strangers hold him, or touch him for that matter! But, sweet Henry held up his arms in the most trusting manner and let the man put him on the horse. I WAS SHOCKED.
And then, Henry was the most relaxed, comfortable kid there. The boy LOVES horses. My little cowboy is growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment