Upon Arrival, we saw this sign:
If you can't read it, it basically tells you how to survive a bear or lion attack. It is pretty intense; the perfect mood setter for our nice little hike in the forest. So there we are, making loud noises (to scare away bears), keeping MM close...
...when all of a sudden we hear a large animal RUNNING through the woods RIGHT AT US. Then we hear it again on the other side of us. All of a sudden two, dark brown, deer run into the meadow behind us. We were so relieved that they were just deer, but my heart was beating like crazy. We walked for a little bit further, wading through mud, trying to get to the lake, when a pack of mosquitoes started swarming me. We turned around and headed back. Sweet Henry slept through the mosquito attack.
We finally found a more public access to the lake and walked a little bit further down the beach away from the fisherman. Jason set Margaret Mary down, threw out a line, and began to fish. I looked down at the sand to find a place to sit only to discover that it was like one giant ant mound. We packed up again and headed to the car. It was quite the adventure. Being in the mountains has defiantly brought out an adventurous side of me I didn't know I had, but I still have my animosity toward small insects, especially ones that bite me. Maybe I can hike with one of those electronic tennis rackets to electrify any insect that crosses my path?
1 comment:
that's the best dressed fisher man I have ever seen!
Post a Comment