There are two people here in Florida who have been amazing friends to me during this struggle with infertility. You might have heard me refer to them as "my friend who tried to conceive for ten years" and "my friend who couldn't conceive and adopted." I just wanted to put a face on these two beautiful women of God who have been constant encouragement during this hard time. It is hard to make friends when I am so emotionally spent. Most people don't understand or don't know how to react to my constant hopes and disappointments. These women have been through everything I've been through and more and now, after many years and heartbreaks, have beautiful children; this gives me so much hope. The first picture is of "my friend who tried to conceive for ten years." (She is the one in the pink shirt). After going on a pilgrimage and storming heaven with prayers, they finally conceived their miracle baby girl. The last picture is of my friend "who couldn't conceive and adopted" at her second child's baptism.
Monday, August 11, 2008
"I have a friend who..."
There are two people here in Florida who have been amazing friends to me during this struggle with infertility. You might have heard me refer to them as "my friend who tried to conceive for ten years" and "my friend who couldn't conceive and adopted." I just wanted to put a face on these two beautiful women of God who have been constant encouragement during this hard time. It is hard to make friends when I am so emotionally spent. Most people don't understand or don't know how to react to my constant hopes and disappointments. These women have been through everything I've been through and more and now, after many years and heartbreaks, have beautiful children; this gives me so much hope. The first picture is of "my friend who tried to conceive for ten years." (She is the one in the pink shirt). After going on a pilgrimage and storming heaven with prayers, they finally conceived their miracle baby girl. The last picture is of my friend "who couldn't conceive and adopted" at her second child's baptism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for including these encouraging friends! I am grateful you have them nearby!
Post a Comment