Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Denver Botanical Gardens


Last weekend we went to the Denver Botanical Gardens because the weather was getting warm and we had an awesome coupon. We had such a great time that we are thinking of buying season passes. There were acres and acres for the kids to run and explore and it was fun looking for little signs of spring popping up everywhere.


As a photographer (or shall I say a passionate Mom with a "big girl" camera), I was simply amazed at the afternoon light and my daughter's hair. I have always loved blonde hair. I had it as a little girl and then it turned brown. As a teen, I debated everyday dying my hair blonde. There was just something about blonde hair that I loved and thought was so beautiful. Now as a photographer, I know why. Blonde hair captures the light in an unparalleled way. Wow.



Lots more posts to come, I am really behind in my blogging thanks to a great visit from Granny, Aunt Eryn and Alyssa. I am also behind due to huge night tantrums thrown by my little girl. But more on that later too.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Beautiful Photos KAtie! Night terrors! Several of mine had those..VERY difficult I know. AS you know mine sleep with me and still a few had night terrors. It was terrible , they seem awake screaming hitting but they really are not awake....I will keep her in my prayers esp at night...Miss You all