




In learning from our friends with big families, we wanted to celebrate John Henry's birthday in a simple loving fashion. We brought in the morning with party hats, tooters (the things you blow and they toot), Mass and then cupcakes. It was really sweet. Margaret Mary went to target with her Papa the night before and picked Henry out a little present (a football). She was so excited to give it to him. There was no jealously because the whole family was celebrating by just being together, being silly in hats, and tooting our tooters.
Henry at a year is amazing. He imitates EVERYTHING we do. He tries to brush MM's hair when I do, he tries to put on his own socks, to brush MM's teeth, draw like she does, etc. He is also very intense. The other day I was cooking and I shut the oven door. This made him VERY MAD and he stuck his fingers inbetween the oven and the door, trying with all his might to open the oven door back up. Needless to say, he ended up with little burns on three of his fingers. Crazy boy. Redirection doesn't work for him. He is SO determined to do what he wants to do. It takes a lot of energy to enforce the roles around here, and I really don't know if I will ever win the battle of standing up in the high chair. He loves to dance and claps loud when Margaret Mary sings a song. He loves loves loves his sister and thinks she is the funniest, most entertaining person in the world. We love our John Henry and think he is about the cutest boy in the whole world.
1 comment:
Happy BIRTHday again!
ALL of mine stood up in their high chair, well the ones we owned a high chair with. I gave up on that. I just got one of those cool soft booster seats, the kooshie tooshie one. Sebastian is late at learning...he is just now into climbing ON top of the table. Something my others did at less than year. Just keeps thier guardian angels on duty ALL day :) I just prayed EVERYDAY for their guardian angel watch over them....
Post a Comment