Margaret Mary's growing ability to express her thoughts is amazing. She is constantly telling stories, aka, retelling us past events using the words she knows. For example, everytime we go out and swing, she points to the tree where Jason threw the rope up in the tree to hang up the swing and says "papa!" Or if I get her a cup at breakfast, she will tell Jason "mama, cup" (aka "mommy got me the cup." You have to know the context to get her stories, but it is still amazing.
The other day the neighbors' puppies came up and knocked Margaret Mary off her bike. She was screaming, the dogs were on top of her, Jason was beating the dogs, it was quite an event. (Dont worry, she is fine). Later on that day, she was talking and re-told us the story using her words. "Dog," then she pants like a dog, "bike, ouch, papa," (then she hits her hand, imitating Jason hitting the dogs). Jason and I were stunned. Our little girl is growing up!
2 comments:
Wow,,thats quite a story with the pups. I'm glad she is ok and hope that didn't traumatize her! She's adorable and thanks for sharing these updates.
Sorry about Margaret's bout with the dogs. I am impressed with her retelling the story, and of Katie's retelling of Margaret's retelling of the story!!
Post a Comment