Monday, August 31, 2015

Birthdays!- Margaret Mary turns 6!

These pics are from Margaret Mary's 6th birthday.  On the actual day, she wanted carrot cake and wanton soup. So I made both and then went to a friend's house to share the cake.  It was fun and informal: the way I like to do birthdays. :)  BUT, because her father had his 30th birthday party last year, she wanted something like that for a celebration the weekend after.  We decided on inviting one family over. She kept asking for more, but I did not want to start a habit of huge birthday celebrations for each person in the family every year.  At the last minute, we invited another family, which asked if another family could come as well.  We said yes and I am so thankful we did.  The orignial family who we invited had gotten busy and forgotten! How sad my girl would have been to have no one show up!  God was looking out for her!  She had a great time playing with her friends that came and her Granny, Alyssa and Aunt Eryn who were in town. I am so thankful she had a great day!

At age six, Margaret Mary is independent and creative.  Homeschooling has been such a huge blessing to our relationship.  We laugh and cry over books we read together, we hit walls together (figuratively) and have to find ways over them, we get frustrated and impatient and then apologize and then laugh and cry over books we are reading together again.  It is such a blessing!  The curriculum we use (Ambleside with some Catholic adaptations) fits our family lifestyle and stretches Margaret Mary perfectly. She has learned so much!  We make friends with composers, poets and artists (we spend 12 weeks reading and listening to them) and in fact, MM got upset when I was changing our books out for this next term.  I told her we would make new friends, but she already misses Edgar Degas, A.A. Milne and Joseph Haydn.  As an artist herself, she really connected with Degas and his beautiful ballerina pictures!  The hardest thing for her is copywork:  its a little too mundane for this little artist! She thrives on creating!








Happy birthday to my little princess!  Words can not describe how wonderful you are and how much we love you!

No comments: