Saturday, August 31, 2013

7 Years


August 5. 2013, we celebrated our seventh year wedding anniversary.  Jason took the day off from work and we drove to Atlanta, GA to go to Mass at an FSSP chapel there. We REALLY miss our FSSP parish in Littleton, CO.  An FSSP parish is an all latin mass parish that is still in communion with Rome (don't confuse them with SSPX parishes). 

This past year has been crazy. Last anniversary, we were hiking in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, and this one we are on a farm in the foothills of NC.  We want to settle, to put down roots, but know its not where we are and we don't know where. It has been a journey trying to find our home (on this side of heaven), and it is dizzying all the different option and possibilities. It's hard to move a family, but we are waiting for God to open the right door.

A friend of ours, Colleen Nixon, wrote a beautiful song when she found out she was pregnant with her second child ( a few months after the birth of her first!).  She was nervous and scared and just wanted her husband to hold her, but deep down she knew it was "more than right." No, we aren't pregnant, but this song really captures my heart right now.

"I just want you to hold me, and tell me that everything will be alright. Cause deep down I know it will be, deep down I know its more than right..."

We are blessed with an amazing marriage and during this time of waiting and prayer, I find comfort daily in my husband's arms. 

"To Live is to Love is to Die, so I'm ready...to live and to love and to die...with you."



No comments: