On October 17, the Catholic church celebrated the feast day of St. Margaret Mary, whom our daughter is named after. Basically, a feast day is a day of celebration honoring Christ for his redeeming work in St. Margaret Mary and the way he changed the world through her service to him. Many Catholics celebrate their "name days" (the feast day of the saint whom they were named after) almost as much as their birthdays. To celebrate the name day of our babygirl, Jason took the day off and we spent it praising and thanking God for our little miracle. I love the top picture. We dressed our daughter up in a sweet little dress to go to Mass and I wanted to sit her up on a pew so we could take some pictures. But when I tried to sit her down, she was insistant on standing. Just then, some ladies at church came by and started talking to her. She is such a little charmer; her smile is just too much for me sometimes. I just melt. Being her mom is such an honor!
Monday, October 19, 2009
October 17- The Feast Day of St. Margaret Mary!
On October 17, the Catholic church celebrated the feast day of St. Margaret Mary, whom our daughter is named after. Basically, a feast day is a day of celebration honoring Christ for his redeeming work in St. Margaret Mary and the way he changed the world through her service to him. Many Catholics celebrate their "name days" (the feast day of the saint whom they were named after) almost as much as their birthdays. To celebrate the name day of our babygirl, Jason took the day off and we spent it praising and thanking God for our little miracle. I love the top picture. We dressed our daughter up in a sweet little dress to go to Mass and I wanted to sit her up on a pew so we could take some pictures. But when I tried to sit her down, she was insistant on standing. Just then, some ladies at church came by and started talking to her. She is such a little charmer; her smile is just too much for me sometimes. I just melt. Being her mom is such an honor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment