
If you've ever read or heard about the book "The 5 Love Languages", you know what I mean when I say that Katie's love language (or the way she receives love) is "words of affirmation". Well, she's done a lot of work on the house and this blog, prayed for me consistently, been consistently and constantly beautiful, and been agonizingly fun to be around these past couple of years we've been married. So, Katie, when you get to the Internet and see this post, hear these "words of affirmation":
You are an awesome wife, friend, and now mother.
When choosing a spouse, its important to ask yourself if this person will be a good mother. Well I don't think Katie will be a good mother. I think she will be an awesome mother. Her way with kids and her presence comforts me beyond measure because I know I have more than a "keeper". I have a virtuous mother that I trust to raise my children. These words are so true:
"Happy the husband of a good wife, twice-lengthened are his days;
A worthy wife brings joy to her husband, peaceful and full is his life.
A good wife is a generous gift bestowed upon him who fears the LORD;
Be he rich or poor, his heart is content, and a smile is ever on his face. "
A worthy wife brings joy to her husband, peaceful and full is his life.
A good wife is a generous gift bestowed upon him who fears the LORD;
Be he rich or poor, his heart is content, and a smile is ever on his face. "
Sirach 26 1-4
No comments:
Post a Comment