Friday, February 20, 2015

Bubba Love

When Henry was born, Margaret Mary was amazing with him.  She was gentle, she sang to him, laid down beside him and made him smile.  I expected the same thing of Henry was baby Peter was born.  Ha!  He LOVED baby Peter and wanted to be beside him all the time, but he didn't want to smile and coo at the baby, he wanted to press his head into his side and snuggle with him roughly.  I guess the saying "Girls bond by talking and boys bond by doing things together" is true.  So here is how Peter loves on baby John; by giving mama grey hair!  It makes me so nervous, but John loves it and laughs and smiles and only eggs his big brother on!  I guess it is preparing him for the wrestling that will be expected of him as he gets older.

Can't you just hear me?  "Peter! Don't do that beside the baby!"  :) 

Peter:  See Mom! He likes it!

Lets see how hard I can press my head into his head without knocking him over....


"Giddy up John, Giddy up!"   Lots of cowboy play around here.

I hope I always remember John and his side lying pose-

"Just da boys!"  Lots of craziness around here.  Many times I have to take a deep breath and say "Katie,  this is normal, YOU are the one who needs to chill out."

Always a happy camper. 

No comments: