Friday, September 21, 2012

A Long Story Short

So, two weeks ago, we packed up a big truck


and drove across the country.  We stopped and got inspired at Fiat Farms in Kansas:




Colored lots of pictures, (MM still colors the eyes on pictures really wierd...)





Visited with more good friends in Nashville... (The Havens). Both our families had three babies in three years, so we have a lot in common. Check out their little beauties...







Peter slept a lot, and the big kids watched a lot of movies.





and then we arrived at our farm.  We had a great peace the entire trip and enjoyed traveling with Martin (Jason's dad).  But I felt a rush of anxiety when I returned to the house after Jason and his dad had unloaded the truck and saw this:



thankfully, the kids had fun playing
 

but unpacking with three children is impossible.  Simply taking care of them and feeding them is a full time job.  Two weeks later, we still have an entire room and a garage filled with boxes.  But back to the farm.  We took a couple hours to rest...


and then got to work feeding chickens and planting crops!












We love it here!  The house we live in is really dark on the inside (there isn't a lot of natural light) and that is the ONLY thing I don't like.  I've spent a lot of time asking around and googling how to make it brighter, but it might be something I just have to live with.  It's just hard cause as a mom, I spend 99% of my day inside cooking and cleaning, and I feel disconnected from the beauty outside in our dark home. Any of you have ideas?

So many more pics to come! We just got a bunch of baby chicks to take care of... Here's a sneak peak of a baby who isn't too happy with all the attention :)


1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Mirrors might help! Put them in places that would reflect the light that does come into the house. They also make a space feel bigger! Good luck!!! And I'm so happy for your family!