“...if [embryos] are never going to be used to be fertilized, to bring a life into being, then I think making them available for medical research is the pro-life position and I honestly don't understand -- I would understand it if we were going and raiding stem cell banks, where these stem cells were going to be used to actually fertilize eggs and have babies.”
You can't fertilize an embryo - it wouldn't be an embryo if it wasn't fertilized. Sorry Clinton, that science thing can get complicated. Despite many words employed to jump around this fact - science is unanimously in agreement that once an egg is fertilized it is a unique being. Not mother or father but unique with its own DNA. The last sentence is my favorite though; using stem cells to fertilize eggs and have babies. Wow.
My unsolicited advice: stop making promises about embryonic stem cells and learn the facts. Science is amazing. This purely political move is empty and gravely immoral.
3 comments:
I think that he needs to revisit Biology 101. Pretty scary, huh?
Can you provide a transcript of the interview? I'd like to read the entire interview.
Thanks,
Chris K.
Hey y'all! I just curious to know how all things baby are going. We're still hanging on at 37 weeks around here. Can't wait to hear some news from y'all. Be sure to post or email Lee. We wish you the best! -- Sarah
Post a Comment