Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Clomid Challenge Test: Part One

Last time I went to my infertility doctor, he told me that he wanted to do a test to see at what age my ovaries were functioning (endometriosis prematurely ages your ovaries). So, for this month, I was instructed to go on Clomid, a hormone pill, and to get blood drawn various times throughout the month. I'm about halfway through the month and haven't had too many side effects from the medicine, only a couple of headaches. I go in for an ultrasound tomorrow, thursday, to make sure that the medicine didn't make me ovulate multiple eggs, (but of course, I'm thrilled with the idea of twins!, Jason not so much :) ). Here's a picture of the medicine and treatment plan so you can get a sense of how involved it is. Also, My doctor is one of the best in the Southeast, but he has the tackiest logo that is on all of my paperwork. It is an "egg" with a dancing family in the middle of it, and then a bunch of "sperm" around the egg. It's really embarrassing when other people see it. But I think it will make you, my dear family, laugh...


No comments: